Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bye Bye Studio...

...otherwise known as what I've spent the last two days doing. 

This summer my studio is getting a makeover.  The roof leaked all last winter and there's no quick and easy fix, so we really have to redo the whole roof, including half of the garage roof.  And since redoing the roof means we have to rebuild the walls anyway, my sweetie asked me if I'd like to have a bigger studio.  Well, I could hardly say no, could I? 
I picked up the building permit on Tuesday and since I have to leave to go to my mom's on Friday, that left just a few days to get everything packed up.  I started Tuesday evening and packed 8 boxes of books before I went to bed.   I took some pics of it in its almost normal state when I got up on Wednesday morning.


art table area
                           
sewing area

 jewelry area
Wednesday morning I hit it hard and worked all day packing stuff.  I had to go into Lowes once to get more boxes (yikes, I packed a whole lot of boxes) and I stopped to eat dinner, but all told, I spent about 14 hours packing.  It seemed like every time I turned around, there was something else to pack.  :)  Here's what it looked like this morning before I started in again.  

nothing but bare shelves

35 boxes of stuff stacked to the rafters in the garage
                                             
This morning I took the time to finish the the buttonholes on the shirt I made on Monday so I could pack up the sewing machine and the last of the sewing stuff.  Once that was done, it was a quick half hour for my husband and son and a few neighbor boys to haul all the furniture out to the garage, and presto chango, it was all done. 
 
looks pretty much like it did when we moved in two years ago



all my stuff, anxiously awaiting its new home in a few months--a few months, right sweetie?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You sure were busy. I hope it doesn't take too long. I know for myself it is hard not to have my own space for creating things. I hope it all turns out perfect for you.
Phyllis

Vonnie said...

Yikes the pictures make it much more real. You are so amazing I think I would have just torched it and started over fresh.

Tink said...

Honey you know how to rock production...if only you offered a boot-camp I would sign up! Watching this new studio being birthed is going to be so much fun for me.